Here's just a few ideas on what to do on your holiday on Abaco:
- Visit the famous Hope Town lighthouse, the last hand-lit lighthouse in the world. Climb to the top for spectacular 360-degree views
- Visit The Wyannie Malone Historical Museum in Hope Town and learn about the fascinating history of this small island
- Go deep-sea fishing with a knowledgeable local guide (see Local Info) and have a go at fishing for Mahi, Wahoo, Tuna, Marlin etc.
- Go for a surf at Garbanzo, Rush Reef, Four Rocks (Town Break) and Indicus. Hire a board from Abaco Paddleboard or bring your own!
- The waters around Tahiti Beach are popular for kitesurfing
- Visit the beautiful Green Turtle Cay and its historic settlement
- Visit Man of War Cay and see the local boat builders and visit the Sailshop and gift shops. Anchor up at The Narrows and
enjoy the Sea of Abaco and The Atlantic separated by less than 10m
- Go south
to Pete’s Pub and gallery at Little Harbour and visit the foundry.
- Go north To Guana Cay and go to Grabbers for drinks/lunch and enjoy the beautiful beach there
- Go north to Treasure Cay to visit the world famous half moon beach and play some golf
- Go snorkeling or scuba diving at
- Pelican Cay Land and Sea Park (Sandy Cay)
- Mermaid Reef
- Fowl Cay National Park
- Enjoy snorkeling to see the starfish and rays at Tilloo Bank
- Have a picnic on Pelican or Lynyard Cay and go shelling/swimming/snorkeling
- Rent a sailboat with Cruise Abaco www.cruiseabaco.com
- Go for an adventure with Captain Plug on his 26’ Grady White www.captplug.com
- Go on a birdwatching, biking or kayaking tour with the Abaco Beach Resorts Eco tours www.abacobeachresort.com
- Visit the Hole in the Wall lighthouse in South Abaco (rent a car/taxi ride)